Basketball season is in full swing, and our local NBA basketball team, the San Antonio Spurs, are home for the holidays. The team just recently played a game on Christmas day against the Chicago Bulls, and the Spurs will also play at home in their next two games on Wednesday, Dec. 28 against the Phoenix Suns and Friday, Dec. 30 against the Portland Trail Blazers. The team will then tip off their first home game of the new year 2017 on Jan. 3 against the Toronto Raptors.
With Christmas behind us and New Year’s Eve just days away, it’s the perfect opportunity for fans of all ages to head over to AT&T Stadium to catch a game. If you’ve never attended a Spurs game before, or even if you have, follow our fan’s guide for tips on tickets, parking, promotions, and more.
Starting in January 2017, the San Antonio Spurs are promoting special Holiday Ticket Plans that offer fans a variety of options for attending multiple games. Fans can choose between the Red Plan or the Green Plan (see below). The Red Plan includes tickets to four different select games, all in January and one on Feb. 2, and the plan starts at just $79. The Green Plan includes tickets to four different select games, with options spread out between January, February, and March. This plan starts at $179. For more information about the Holiday Ticket Plans, see the outlines below or visit the San Antonio Spurs Holiday Plans.
The Spurs are also offering a Ticket & Beer Package for select games on Jan. 3 and Jan. 10. The package includes one ticket and two beers. Regular ticket options are also available, including single game tickets, group tickets, and premium seating. You can also find a variety of tickets on external ticketing sites such as StubHub. To find out more about ticket prices and all available options, visit the Spurs Tickets page.
The San Antonio Spurs always offer a variety of different promotions for large groups, organizations, and fans all across the state of Texas. The promotions change regularly, so be sure to visit the San Antonio Spurs Promotions page for updated offers. Current offers are listed below:
College Spirit Nights
In a partnership with FOX Sports Southwest, the San Antonio Spurs are now hosting College Spirit Nights. According to the team website, “As part of College Spirit Nights, the first 250 college students, alumni, administrators, and friends to purchase their school’s ticket package will receive a special college branded San Antonio Spurs cap!” This special package includes a discounted game ticket and an exclusive Spurs/university logo hat. The following universities are participating in this exclusive offer:
- Texas A&M: Tuesday, January 10th vs. Milwaukee Bucks
- Baylor: Thursday, January 19th vs. Denver Nuggets
- Texas: Tuesday, January 31st vs. Oklahoma City Thunder
- Texas State: Thursday, February 2nd vs. Philadelphia 76ers
For more information, visit the San Antonio Spurs College Spirit Nights page.
Discounts Around Town
Even when you’re not able to attend the game in-person, when the Spurs are playing, fans are able to take advantage of multiple discounts around town at participating vendors.
- Taco Bell Tuesdays & Thursdays: “Every Tuesday and Thursday when the Spurs play, stop by participating San Antonio area Taco Bell locations from 3 – 6 pm and receive 2 Free Crunchy Tacos with your large drink purchase!”
- Ride with UBER: “Get to and from the Spurs game, with ease! Download the Uber app, and use the promotions code SASPURS to receive $20 off of your first ride. Create an account here. Already an Uber rider? Don’t forget to share this promo code with others so they can enjoy a ride to and from the AT&T Center.”
- Papa John’s Wednesdays: “Every Wednesday Spurs game day just got BETTER! Papa John’s is giving you HALF OFF all online orders ALL DAY! Visit GoPapaJohns.com/Spurs and use promo code: Spurs50 to save 50% on all regular menu priced items. Home or away, Papa rewards Spurs fans. Better Ingredients, Better Pizza for Better Fans! GO PAPA GO!”
- Express Lube: “Spurs Fans are encouraged to bring any of their used Spurs game tickets or their Season Ticket Member Card to any of the 30+ convenient San Antonio area Express Lube locations to receive $10 off their next oil change! To find the Express Lube location nearest you, check out expresslube.com. Express Lube is an official sponsor of the San Antonio Spurs and was recently voted National Operator of the Year.”
Parking & Transportation
The AT&T Center is located at 1 AT&T Center Parkway San Antonio, Texas 78219. According to AT&T Center, there are “more than 7,000 parking spaces on [the] property, including parking for patrons with disabilities located in Lots 1- 4. Prices and availability for parking varies by event.” To purchase advanced parking, fans can visit Ticketmaster.
There are pick up and drop off locations available at the arena. Drop Off is permitted at any of the gate locations for Spurs games while driving regular vehicles, but limousines and buses must enter through Gate E. The pick up location is available at Gate A.
Public transportation to the AT&T Center is also available through Via Metropolitan Transit. Visit the AT&T Center Public Transportation page for more information.
To plan your visit for later in the season, visit the San Antonio Spurs Schedule to see a list of remaining games. All other additional information can also be found by checking out the Spurs website.
Do you love San Antonio local sports? If so, be sure to check out our article, A Guide to San Antonio’s Professional Sports Teams, for details on each team, their history, and the impact on the region. Don’t forget to share your favorite San Antonio sports moments with us on the San Antonio Daily Sun Facebook Page.